Potato Smart Container (Red Lid)
Potatoes love the Potato Smart! Why? The container offers perfect lighting conditions, suffici...
Potatoes love the Potato Smart! Why? The container offers perfect lighting conditions, sufficient ventilation and optimal humidity - just the way potatoes like it.
With its user-friendly design, the container's flip-front access panel has the ideal number of holes for optimal air circulation. The optimal atmosphere inside the PotatoSmart ensures a combination of:
- Proper humidity for minimizing weight loss, helping potatoes remain firm.
- Minimizes sprouting.
- Minimizes rotting.
- Reduces odors.
- Minimizes condensation inside.
- Minimizes the production of Solanine (poisonous substance in nightshade plants such as potatoes).
The cap and the seal can be fully removed so the container can be cleaned properly; and it makes it easier to refill the container in no time. Stack it neatly and efficiently with additional Potato Smart Containers or the Onion & Garlic Smart Container without restricting air flow.
Dimensions (Metric/ US):
W 19 x H 23 x L 28.5 - cm
W 7.5 x H 9 x L 11 - inch
Volume (Metric / US):
5.5 L / 5 1/2 qt.
- Can be recycled
- Dishwasher safe
- Not freezer safe
- Not safe for use in the microwave
- Saves you money - Design provides optimum storage conditions for sufficient air circulation, light and humidity, resulting in longer shelf life.
- Easy Open - generous opening of the seal cap makes it easy to reach the potatoes in the container.
- Neat and Tidy - No more ugly potato bags lying around, simply place your potatoes inside the container and store on the countertop or inside your pantry.
- Versatile for all types of potatoes including sweet potatoes
- Potatoes are nutrient-dense vegetables (Vitamin C, Folate, Niacin, B6, carbohydrates, protein, dietary fiber, minerals) and should only be peeled just prior to cooking to avoid oxidation.
- Early potatoes are harvested before they are fully ripe. These are best used within a week for the best taste.